Friday, September 19, 2014

Stars We Look At

Since my friend's coming back from the USA and we meet almost each evening and chat. Each time he got something new to show me. Yesterday he brought with him some magazines. Two of the magazines talks about Robin Williams. I like Robin Williams movies. I remember seeing AWAKENING before I knew Oliver Sacks and Dopamine. That was something unforgettable. 
My friend also brought a book and a DVD about the life of Marilyn Monroe. We talked about Elton John's CANDLE in the Wind, and Lady D, and we were smiling with joy but...
 But when we saw this next picture of Robin Williams we thought that he was pictured in a crying spell and our smiles faded for a while..
 Reading the description of the photo we knew that he was laughing to a joke. So we smiled again.
I asked my friend if he can find a picture for Monroe where she is not smiling. He laughed. I told my friend that both Marilyn Monroe and Robin Williams had suicided. He stopped smiling again. I think my friend started thinking: "How come I chose to bring things on those two who suicided?"

He looked at the other things he brought and there was Jennifer Hudson. I think he thought for a while that she is somebody who interest him, and she didn't suicide. But wait, he says to himself, her friend had.. Witney Huston...
 Finally came Dolly Parton..
 Such joy this Dolly Parton can bring....

We ended that evening listening to Dolly Parton and that was a good day...

2 comments:

tracy said...



Hi Sami,

I'm glad you had a nice time with your friend.

Especially with all that's going on, we need to meet, all our friends, for tea, at our "table around the world".

Please take care of yourself....I worry.

saminkie said...

Hi Tracy, Miss you friend. I just woke up from a long siesta (about 3 hours) and felling that lovable numbness, dizziness, tinnitus, of after a long siesta. I would make some cups of coffee. I am fine my friend and glad to see your comments. Keep in touch Tracy.